Ambassador to the Vatican: Who is Miguel Diaz?
In the 25 years since the United States established formal diplomatic ties with the Vatican, Miguel H. Diaz represents the first time a Catholic academic expert (and Hispanic) has been selected to be U.S. ambassador to the Vatican. A theologian and scholar, and campaign advisor to President Barack Obama, Diaz is considered a pro-life Democrat who has come to the political aid of other Catholics selected to join the Obama administration.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Obama Administration Releases Heavily Censored Version of 6-Year-Old Secret Report Casting Doubt on Legality and Effectiveness of Bush’s Warrantless Spying
- Who are the 8 Americans Killed by Drone Strikes?
- What Happened to $1.3 Billion of Taxpayer Money Sent Directly to U.S. Military Officers in Afghanistan? Pentagon won’t Say
- Wildlife Services Killed more than 2.7 Million Animals Last Year
- Sen. Inhofe Goes for Hypocrisy Record, Saying Climate Change is a Hoax, but Nuclear Power is Good because it Avoids “Dangerous Climate Change”