Ambassador to the Vatican: Who is Miguel Diaz?
In the 25 years since the United States established formal diplomatic ties with the Vatican, Miguel H. Diaz represents the first time a Catholic academic expert (and Hispanic) has been selected to be U.S. ambassador to the Vatican. A theologian and scholar, and campaign advisor to President Barack Obama, Diaz is considered a pro-life Democrat who has come to the political aid of other Catholics selected to join the Obama administration.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. is One of Six Nations Named by Oxfam for Fueling Violence in Syria
- Moving Guantánamo Prisoners to Super-Max Prison in Colorado: Obama vs. Congress
- Painkiller Overdoses Kill More in Tennessee than Car Accidents or Guns
- VW Emissions-Cheating Cars Added 32 Million Tons of Extra Carbon Pollutants into Atmosphere
- Education Dept. Pours Money into Charter Grant Program that Doesn’t Work