Ambassador to the Vatican: Who is Miguel Diaz?
In the 25 years since the United States established formal diplomatic ties with the Vatican, Miguel H. Diaz represents the first time a Catholic academic expert (and Hispanic) has been selected to be U.S. ambassador to the Vatican. A theologian and scholar, and campaign advisor to President Barack Obama, Diaz is considered a pro-life Democrat who has come to the political aid of other Catholics selected to join the Obama administration.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Fast Track Trade Bill: When Obama and Republicans Agree…Watch Out
- Members of U.S. Military have no Recourse if they Suffer from Poor Medical Treatment
- Is NRA Breaking the Law with its Political Uses of Donations?
- Navajo Nation Taxes Junk Food
- Congressional Republicans Fight Hard to Keep Guantánamo Open Forever