Ambassador to the Vatican: Who is Miguel Diaz?
In the 25 years since the United States established formal diplomatic ties with the Vatican, Miguel H. Diaz represents the first time a Catholic academic expert (and Hispanic) has been selected to be U.S. ambassador to the Vatican. A theologian and scholar, and campaign advisor to President Barack Obama, Diaz is considered a pro-life Democrat who has come to the political aid of other Catholics selected to join the Obama administration.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- No Criminal Punishment for U.S. Military Personnel in Afghan Hospital Bombing
- Obama Will Ban Questions on Criminal History for Some Government Jobs
- Fake News Story May Have Broken Rules, FBI Report Says
- Armed Services Committee Votes to Require Women to Register for the Draft
- Native Americans’ Access to Health Care Difficult to Measure