Ambassador to Tanzania: Who is Alfonso Lenhardt?
What Alfonso Lenhardt lacks in diplomatic experience, he makes up for in knowledge of military affairs and security, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing to have as the next ambassador to Tanzania. In 1998 the American embassy in Dar es Salaam was the target of a car bombing by Islamic terrorists that killed eleven people, and Lenhardt is more than familiar with handling high-level security in the wake of a major terrorist attack.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- If Ferguson is 67% African-American, Why are the Mayor, the City Council Majority and 50 of 53 Police White?
- 45% of Americans Try to Include Organic Foods in their Diet…and 15% Try to Avoid Them
- Dramatic Rise in Attacks on Aid Workers
- Three-Quarters of Small Wind Turbines Produced in U.S. are Sold to other Countries
- This Obama-Appointed Judge Signed off on the CIA Killing of a U.S. Citizen