Ambassador to Tanzania: Who is Alfonso Lenhardt?
What Alfonso Lenhardt lacks in diplomatic experience, he makes up for in knowledge of military affairs and security, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing to have as the next ambassador to Tanzania. In 1998 the American embassy in Dar es Salaam was the target of a car bombing by Islamic terrorists that killed eleven people, and Lenhardt is more than familiar with handling high-level security in the wake of a major terrorist attack.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Talking-Car Technology Pits Two U.S. Agencies against Each Other
- State Medical Boards’ Failure to Report Sexually Abusive Doctors Keeps Them on the Job
- People’s Identities Collected and Traded like Baseball Cards in Controversial Twitter App Game
- U.S. May Add Speed-Capping Device to Trucks and Buses to Forcibly Slow Them Down
- U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon: Who Is Elizabeth Holzhall Richard?