Ambassador to Tanzania: Who is Alfonso Lenhardt?
What Alfonso Lenhardt lacks in diplomatic experience, he makes up for in knowledge of military affairs and security, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing to have as the next ambassador to Tanzania. In 1998 the American embassy in Dar es Salaam was the target of a car bombing by Islamic terrorists that killed eleven people, and Lenhardt is more than familiar with handling high-level security in the wake of a major terrorist attack.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Federal Court Rules 2-1 that Florida can Punish Doctors for Talking to Patients about Guns
- 73% of Inmates who Die in Jail Haven’t been Convicted of a Crime
- Federal Judge says Prisoner must Stay at Guantánamo because U.S. is Still at War in Afghanistan even if Obama Says War is Over
- Georgia Claims its Laws are Copyrighted and Publishing them is an Act of Terrorism
- Divided Federal Court Rules Agriculture Dept. Improperly Exempted Nation’s Largest National Forest from Roadless Rule