Ambassador to Tanzania: Who is Alfonso Lenhardt?
What Alfonso Lenhardt lacks in diplomatic experience, he makes up for in knowledge of military affairs and security, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing to have as the next ambassador to Tanzania. In 1998 the American embassy in Dar es Salaam was the target of a car bombing by Islamic terrorists that killed eleven people, and Lenhardt is more than familiar with handling high-level security in the wake of a major terrorist attack.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Becoming World’s Biggest Tobacco Company is Goal of British Firm’s $47-Billion Plan to Enter U.S. E-Cigarette Market
- Protests Erupt Over Naming of Sexy U.S. Comic Book Character as U.N. Ambassador for Female Empowerment
- Terrorism Threat Outweighs Privacy, Argue Foreign Prosecutors in Plea for Global Tech Access
- U.S. Ambassador to Cuba: Who Is Jeffrey DeLaurentis?