Ambassador to Tanzania: Who is Alfonso Lenhardt?
What Alfonso Lenhardt lacks in diplomatic experience, he makes up for in knowledge of military affairs and security, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing to have as the next ambassador to Tanzania. In 1998 the American embassy in Dar es Salaam was the target of a car bombing by Islamic terrorists that killed eleven people, and Lenhardt is more than familiar with handling high-level security in the wake of a major terrorist attack.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Outside Political Money Groups Seen as “Shadow Party” that Supplants the Candidates Themselves
- $730 Million in Back Taxes Owed by U.S. Defense Workers with Security Clearances Viewed as Posing Risk
- Thousands of U.S. Weapons Provided to Afghan Forces Are Unaccounted For
- Mystery Surrounds U.S. Justice Department Move to Wrap Anti-Iran Group in Shroud of Secrecy
- Lack of Federal Policy for Paid Maternity Leave May Contribute to Decline of Women in U.S. Workforce