Ambassador to Tanzania: Who is Alfonso Lenhardt?
What Alfonso Lenhardt lacks in diplomatic experience, he makes up for in knowledge of military affairs and security, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing to have as the next ambassador to Tanzania. In 1998 the American embassy in Dar es Salaam was the target of a car bombing by Islamic terrorists that killed eleven people, and Lenhardt is more than familiar with handling high-level security in the wake of a major terrorist attack.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Two Children a Week Killed in U.S. by Accidental Shootings
- VA Official Says Delays Did Lead to Deaths at Phoenix Medical Center
- Judge Allows Cisco to Slither out of Responsibility for Chinese Government Human Rights Abuses
- Commander, U.S. Army Combined Arms Center: Who Is Robert Brown?
- Commander of the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation: Who Is Keith Anthony?