Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?
Heir to the Oreck vacuum-cleaning fortune, Bruce Oreck was sworn in as U.S. ambassador to Finland August 12, 2009. His experiences have run the gamut from tax attorney to body building to major player in Democratic Party politics. Having contributed thousands of dollars of his own money to campaigns, Oreck also has helped raise even more cash from others for candidates, including President Barack Obama.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Citibank Study Finds Huge Financial Benefits to Acting on Climate Change
- Use of Solitary Confinement gets Overhaul in California Prisons
- Federal Court Forces Ohio Medicaid Agency to Admit that Spouses are Family Members
- Human Drivers Create Headaches for Law-Abiding Driverless Cars
- For the First Time, Marijuana Use Eclipses Tobacco Smoking among Nation’s College Students