Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?
Heir to the Oreck vacuum-cleaning fortune, Bruce Oreck was sworn in as U.S. ambassador to Finland August 12, 2009. His experiences have run the gamut from tax attorney to body building to major player in Democratic Party politics. Having contributed thousands of dollars of his own money to campaigns, Oreck also has helped raise even more cash from others for candidates, including President Barack Obama.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Labor Board Rules McDonald’s May Be Joint Employer of Its Franchise Operations and Liable for Labor Violations
- New Recourse for Those Retaliating Against Whistleblowers: Criminal Investigations
- Battle Rages Over $100 Million Worth of Middle East Oil Sitting Off Coast of Texas
- FBI Ordered to Resume Review of Cases that May be Tainted by Two Decades of Flawed Forensics
- U.S. State Dept. Approves Largest Sale Ever of Hellfire Missiles to Iraq