Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?
Heir to the Oreck vacuum-cleaning fortune, Bruce Oreck was sworn in as U.S. ambassador to Finland August 12, 2009. His experiences have run the gamut from tax attorney to body building to major player in Democratic Party politics. Having contributed thousands of dollars of his own money to campaigns, Oreck also has helped raise even more cash from others for candidates, including President Barack Obama.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Most Domestic Violence Victims Say Police Don’t Believe Them or Make Things Worse
- Bipartisan Coalition Aims to Reduce Virginia’s Role as Nation’s Leader in Juvenile Arrests and Incarceration
- Judge Rules Saudi Kingdom Immune from Legal Action by 9/11 Victims’ Families
- Thousands of Fish Die When California Reservoir Suddenly Runs Dry
- Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration: Who Is Sarah Feinberg?