Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?
Heir to the Oreck vacuum-cleaning fortune, Bruce Oreck was sworn in as U.S. ambassador to Finland August 12, 2009. His experiences have run the gamut from tax attorney to body building to major player in Democratic Party politics. Having contributed thousands of dollars of his own money to campaigns, Oreck also has helped raise even more cash from others for candidates, including President Barack Obama.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- C.I.A. Weapons used to Kill Americans in Jordan
- Central American Refugees’ Lives Put at Risk by U.S.-Financed Program for their Interception and Deportation by Mexico
- Agriculture Dept. Broke the Law by Discreetly Allowing Organic Farmers to Use Compost with Synthetic Chemicals
- Are College SAT Tests Gender-Biased Against Females?
- Pentagon to Lift Ban on Transgender People in Military