Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?
Heir to the Oreck vacuum-cleaning fortune, Bruce Oreck was sworn in as U.S. ambassador to Finland August 12, 2009. His experiences have run the gamut from tax attorney to body building to major player in Democratic Party politics. Having contributed thousands of dollars of his own money to campaigns, Oreck also has helped raise even more cash from others for candidates, including President Barack Obama.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- If Terrorist Attacks are on the Rise, What Does that Say about the 13-Year-Old “War on Terror”?
- FBI Claims it Doesn’t Have to Share Records with Justice Dept. Inspector General
- After 8 Years of Delay, EPA Finally Agrees to Test Dangers of Monsanto’s Favorite Pesticide
- Manufacturers Press Congress to Halt Regulation of Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles
- Washington State Supreme Court Rules that Swearing at the Police is not a Crime