Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?
Heir to the Oreck vacuum-cleaning fortune, Bruce Oreck was sworn in as U.S. ambassador to Finland August 12, 2009. His experiences have run the gamut from tax attorney to body building to major player in Democratic Party politics. Having contributed thousands of dollars of his own money to campaigns, Oreck also has helped raise even more cash from others for candidates, including President Barack Obama.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Tech Startups Could Grow Under New Homeland Security Proposal Welcoming Foreign Entrepreneurs
- First Judicial Ruling to Curb Enforcement of North Carolina’s Restrictive Transgender Bathroom Access Law
- Lawsuit Heats Up against U.S. Agencies that Downplayed Cholesterol Dangers of Eggs
- 400% Increase in Price of EpiPen Allergy Drug Triggers Price-Gouging Lawsuit amid the Firestorm
- U.S. Ambassador to Liberia: Who Is Christine Elder?