Ambassador to Finland: Who is Bruce Oreck?
Heir to the Oreck vacuum-cleaning fortune, Bruce Oreck was sworn in as U.S. ambassador to Finland August 12, 2009. His experiences have run the gamut from tax attorney to body building to major player in Democratic Party politics. Having contributed thousands of dollars of his own money to campaigns, Oreck also has helped raise even more cash from others for candidates, including President Barack Obama.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S.-Designated Terrorist Group Now an Ally against Islamic State
- Census Bureau Confirms Growing Wealth Inequality
- State Dept. Forbids Diplomats from Pouring Ice on their Heads
- Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board: Who Is Christopher Hart?
- Chairman of the National Indian Gaming Commission: Who Is Jonodev Osceola Chaudhuri?