Ambassador to Belgium: Who is Howard Gutman?
Yet another in a growing list of ambassadorial appointees who raised large sums of cash for President Barack Obama, Howard W. Gutman has a resume that is not without controversy. A high-octane lawyer and player in Democratic Party politics, Gutman is well-known around Washington, where his long career has included a stint as a registered lobbyist, and his legal work has involved representing former 1960s radicals and South American leaders. He also drew attention to himself during last year’s presidential campaign when he verbally blasted GOP running mate Sarah Palin for her parenting skills.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Consumer Reports Testing Finds All Beef Shows Signs of Fecal Contamination
- U.S. Spy Agencies Agree to Warn Possible Victims of Attacks and Kidnapping
- Only 3 of 116 Remaining Guantánamo Prisoners were Captured by Americans…and 52 Have Already been Cleared for Release
- Mississippi and Idaho only States without Laws Forbidding Unwanted Sexual Touching
- Improved Economy Leads to more Gridlock as D.C. Passes Los Angeles for Worst Traffic