Ambassador to Belgium: Who is Howard Gutman?
Yet another in a growing list of ambassadorial appointees who raised large sums of cash for President Barack Obama, Howard W. Gutman has a resume that is not without controversy. A high-octane lawyer and player in Democratic Party politics, Gutman is well-known around Washington, where his long career has included a stint as a registered lobbyist, and his legal work has involved representing former 1960s radicals and South American leaders. He also drew attention to himself during last year’s presidential campaign when he verbally blasted GOP running mate Sarah Palin for her parenting skills.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Goes Operational this Summer, it won’t Work any better than 40-Year-Old Thunderbolts
- Interior Secretary Jewell Defends Fracking on Public Lands; Says Industry is Responsible for Reassuring Public
- Is U.S. Ignoring Obama’s Promise to Avoid Civilians Killings by Drones?
- Inspector General Report Details Dysfunction in Patent and Trademark Office
- Lawsuit against Police-Private Probation Revenue Enhancer Highlights Exploitation of Poor