Ambassador to Belgium: Who is Howard Gutman?
Yet another in a growing list of ambassadorial appointees who raised large sums of cash for President Barack Obama, Howard W. Gutman has a resume that is not without controversy. A high-octane lawyer and player in Democratic Party politics, Gutman is well-known around Washington, where his long career has included a stint as a registered lobbyist, and his legal work has involved representing former 1960s radicals and South American leaders. He also drew attention to himself during last year’s presidential campaign when he verbally blasted GOP running mate Sarah Palin for her parenting skills.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Army Claims it’s too Dangerous to Clean Up Radioactive Weapons Test Site in Indiana
- NASA Spent $349 Million for a Useless Lab Tower for a Project that had Already been Cancelled
- For the First Time, Congress Allocates Money to Protect Battlefields from Revolutionary War and War of 1812
- Virginia Legislator will Continue to Serve While Spending Nights in Jail for Sex with a Minor
- U.S. Fertility Rate Hits All-Time Low