Ambassador to Belgium: Who is Howard Gutman?
Yet another in a growing list of ambassadorial appointees who raised large sums of cash for President Barack Obama, Howard W. Gutman has a resume that is not without controversy. A high-octane lawyer and player in Democratic Party politics, Gutman is well-known around Washington, where his long career has included a stint as a registered lobbyist, and his legal work has involved representing former 1960s radicals and South American leaders. He also drew attention to himself during last year’s presidential campaign when he verbally blasted GOP running mate Sarah Palin for her parenting skills.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Halts Dismantling of Old Nuclear Weapons, Seeing Potential Use Against Killer Asteroids Headed for Earth
- On Eve of Early Voting Launch in Ohio, U.S. Supreme Court Imposes Limits Sought by Republicans
- Yet another Way to Put Obama in Danger: Let Him Ride in an Elevator with an Armed Convict
- California College Student Sexual Consent Law, the Nation’s First, Elicits Mixed Response
- West Virginia Plans to Solve Money Woes by Allowing Fracking under Ohio River