Ambassador to Belgium: Who is Howard Gutman?
Yet another in a growing list of ambassadorial appointees who raised large sums of cash for President Barack Obama, Howard W. Gutman has a resume that is not without controversy. A high-octane lawyer and player in Democratic Party politics, Gutman is well-known around Washington, where his long career has included a stint as a registered lobbyist, and his legal work has involved representing former 1960s radicals and South American leaders. He also drew attention to himself during last year’s presidential campaign when he verbally blasted GOP running mate Sarah Palin for her parenting skills.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- More than 1 Million U.S. Children Live in Households with Income of Less than $2 a Day per Person…Including Public Assistance
- Judge Clashes with Defense Dept. over Release of Abu Ghraib Photos
- Black Unemployment Rate is Twice that of White and Asian Unemployment Rates
- Appeals Court Rules Native American Skeletons Unearthed 38 Years Ago must be Returned to Tribes
- Federal Court Overturns Amish Hair and Beard Cutting Convictions