Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Percentage of Insured Americans and Access to Doctors Worse than Nearly All Other Industrialized Nations
- Bar Association’s Report on Trump’s Use of Libel Suits to Silence Critics is shelved out of Fear of Trump Lawsuit
- FBI, 80% of Its Agents White and Male, Loses Women and Minorities from Top Ranks
- Justice Dept. Moves to Disband Arizona Police Force with Ties to Discriminatory Church
- Cigarette Smoking is linked to 25% of All Cancer Deaths in U.S.