Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Foreign College Prep Companies Game U.S. College Application System to Get Students into U.S. Schools
- Michigan Investigates 11 Years of Surgeries Sabotaged by Soiled Medical Instruments at Detroit Hospital
- Georgia’s History of Voting Controversies Makes it Focus of Election Watchers Come November
- Federal Judge Denies Citizens United Request to Keep Its Donors’ Names Secret
- Illinois Sues Drug Firm Accused of Deceptive Marketing and Paying Indicted Doctor for “Sham” Speeches