Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Phone Routing Firm Recruits Ex-Homeland Chief to Sound Alarm on U.S. Security in Bid to Hold Onto Federal Contract
- Virginia Files Billion-Dollar Mortgage Fraud Lawsuit against Major Banks
- Secret Service, in 2011, Was Unaware of Shots Fired at White House until Housekeeper Found Clues 4 Days Later
- Navajos Gain Largest Native American Settlement with U.S. Government over Mismanagement of Natural Resources
- Looking for Revenue, Postal Service Proposes Delivering Groceries in the Early Morning