Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Whistleblower Jeffrey Sterling Convicted
- Pennsylvania Fracking Companies Flaunt Environmental Rules and Regulations…Every Day
- HUD Official Worked for Government and Housing Industry at the Same Time…Beyond the Revolving Door
- Half of Prisoners Cleared after being Wrongly Convicted are African-American
- Army Major who Oversaw Sexual Assault Cases Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Rape