Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- U.S. Watchdog Investigations Imperiled by Obama Fixation on Government Secrecy
- Humans Mold Animals at Will: Gene Editing Hits Full Throttle
- National Institutes of Health Orders Halt to Use of Chimpanzees in Biomedical Research
- Conservatives Decide Trump Qualifies as a Fascist
- Online Polling May Soon Edge out Phone Surveys, But Its Degree of Accuracy is in Question