Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- When Counting How Many People are Killed by Police, Online Databases do a far better Job than the U.S. Government
- Texas County Clerk becomes Focus of Movement to Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- U.S. Government is Still Funding Dubious Abstinence-Only Sex Education Program
- Is Dramatic Increase in Number of Jailed Americans a Warped Version of Job Creation?
- Maryland Court Rules that Police Disciplinary Records can be Hidden from the Public