Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- It Looks like Obama is Still Using “Signature Strikes” Aimed at Unnamed People After All
- Chinese Scientists Cause Alarm after Announcing Editing of Human Genes
- Native American Actors Walk off Set of Adam Sandler/Netflix Movie in Protest of Insulting Script
- Switzerland Wins Happiest Country Ranking; U.S. 15th of 158
- U.S. Ambassador to Yemen: Who Is Matthew Tueller?