Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Blackwater Employees Convicted of Murder of 14 Iraqis
- 50% Increase in U.S. Cities Advancing Laws to Restrict the Sharing of Food with Homeless People
- Judge Gives Obama Administration until December to Justify Withholding 2,100 Photos of U.S. Use of Torture in Iraq and Afghanistan
- More Evidence that TV Ads in Judicial Elections Lead to Less Sympathy for Defendants back in the Courtroom
- Police Beating Victim Wins $1,000 Settlement…His Lawyers Get $459,000