Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Double Standard for Espionage Act as Petraeus Goes Free while Kiriakou and Sterling go to Prison
- Oklahoma Scientists Agreed to Keep Quiet about Fracking-Earthquake Link for 5 Years
- Jeb Bush Asks Donors to Limit Contributions to $1 Million Each…For Now
- Georgia Republicans Approve Anti-Gay Bill while Democrat Takes a Toilet Break
- Too Big to Fail Banks Ranked