Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Only 2 Countries Have Not Joined the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child: South Sudan and…United States
- For the First Time in at Least 10 Years, a Decline in the Number of Americans Reporting Trouble Paying Medical Bills
- 211,000 Unsolved Homicides Still on the Books
- Insurance Industry Adjusts to Earthquake Risk Caused by Fracking
- Behind the $3 Billion a Year Wisdom Teeth Removal Procedure…Health or Profits?