Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 4 Words that could Raise Health Care Costs for 7.5 Million Americans
- As Government Jobs Disappear, It’s Women and African-American Men who are Hit the Hardest
- Federal Program Allows Killing of Half a Million Protected Migratory Birds a Year
- 4 out of 5 New Big City Rental Buildings are Luxury Apartments
- Why are Companies Replacing Raises with Bonuses?