Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- California Doctors Will Have to Check Online Database Before Writing Opioid Prescriptions
- Controllers Will Begin Texting Pilots With Flight Information
- Checkpoint That Turned Up Eight Kilos of Cocaine Is Ruled Unconstitutional
- Labor Department Investigating Wells Fargo Worker Abuse
- Environmental Groups Criticize Changes to Endangered Species Act