Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- Army Claims it’s too Dangerous to Clean Up Radioactive Weapons Test Site in Indiana
- NASA Spent $349 Million for a Useless Lab Tower for a Project that had Already been Cancelled
- For the First Time, Congress Allocates Money to Protect Battlefields from Revolutionary War and War of 1812
- Virginia Legislator will Continue to Serve While Spending Nights in Jail for Sex with a Minor
- U.S. Fertility Rate Hits All-Time Low