Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- America’s Public Libraries take on the NSA
- New York’s Russian Diplomats Used Medicaid to Pay for Dozens of Childbirths
- California Town Chooses Medical Marijuana Dispensary Operator as Mayor
- Ambassador to Norway: Who Is George Tsunis?
- NSA Can Track Every Cell Phone in the World, Collects 5 Billion Records per Day