Ambassador from Argentina: Who Is Jorge Argüello?
As Argentina grows more vocal in its criticism of British plans to drill for oil in the waters around the disputed Falklands Islands (called by Argentines the Islas Malvinas), the South American nation has sent a new ambassador to the U.S. who is well known for his advocacy of Argentina’s claims to the islands over which Argentina and the U.K. fought a brief war in 1982. Jorge Argüello is a politician and former representative to the United Nations who attended high school in the U.S. and is also well known internationally for his support for measures to reverse global warming.
- Top Stories
- Unusual News
- Where is the Money Going?
- U.S. and the World
- Appointments and Resignations
- Latest News
- 17 Million-Dollar Donors to Clinton Foundation while Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State
- Outside Agitators and Violence in Baltimore: 70% of Baltimore Police Don’t Live in Baltimore
- Saudi Military Kills Civilians Using Widely Banned U.S.-Supplied Cluster Bombs
- What Do We Know about the Torture Photos Obama Refuses to Release?
- House of Representatives Votes to Overrule a D.C. Law for First Time in 24 Years (Hint: It’s about Contraception and Abortion)